Thursday, November 19, 2009

Square One



You're in control, is there anywhere you wanna go?
You're in control, is there anything you wanna know?
The future's for discovering
The space in which we're travelling

From the top of the first page
To the end of the last day
From the start in your own way
You just want somebody listening to what you say
It doesn't matter who you are

Under the surface trying to break through
Deciphering the codes in you
I need a compass, draw me a map
I'm on the top, I can't get back

Whoa whoa

The first line on the first page
To the end of the last page
From the start in your own way
You just want somebody listening to what you say
It doesn't matter who you are
It doesn't matter who you are

You just want
Somebody listening to what you say
You just want somebody listening to what you say
It doesn't matter who you are
It doesn't matter who you are

Is there anybody out there who
Is lost and hurt and lonely too
Are they bleeding all your colours into one?
and if you come undone
As if you've been run through
Some catapult it fired you
You wonder if your chance will ever come
Or if you're stuck in square one

Coldplay

14 comments:

ANNA-LYS said...

I didn't feel You in this
it is to cold for You to play

;-)


(( hug ))

darkfoam said...

i'm listening .. :)

dianne said...

Oh Anna dear,
I am very much in that song, especially in the last verse, I am starting all over again with new colours... and I really love Chris Martin's sweet voice.

Thank you. ♡ ((hug))

dianne said...

Thanks Foamy dear,

I am fine, I am looking forward to new horizons, a new chapter in my life and I just love this song. xo ♡

Anonymous said...

nice song
&
it does seem
to suit you, dianne

× × ×

/t.

dianne said...

Thank you /t. dear

It is a lovely song
and yes it does suit me.
Back to square one, time
to start over with new
colours and new beginnings.

xo ♡

Shweta Tiwari said...

very true..and dear u have got a lot of friends to listen to you..say whatever you feel like saying :)

Take care sweetheart
love

goatman said...

When I see song lyrics spelled out I always wonder whether the poem came first then the music fit to it or were there chords and trails of sound first then words to fit the path. Maybe some of each, maybe some of both . . . wondrin.
I just copied Dylans' "Mr Tangerine Man" and in that case I am sure the music came first. Sounds odd just reading the poem and not hearing the music.

Just musing

puerileuwaite said...

Easy for him to sing. Isn't he married to Gwyneth Paltrow? Wait. Nevermind. She's too nutty even by this Pug's standards. Plus her legs are too skinny. Alrighty then. Carry on.

dianne said...

Thank you dear Shweta

Yes I do have many friends and those who are willing to listen, I could pour out the feelings in my heart but I must solve my own problems and get on with life.

You take too sweet girl. ♡ xo

dianne said...

Thanks for stopping by goatman

I have often asked myself the same question, what comes first, I guess it begins with an idea or a feeling, it could be either the melody and chords or the lyrics and the music is made to fit...either way I think that they are brilliant how they compose these songs and it all comes together.

The words here to 'square one' are lovely but I think it would lose so much without the music and the voice of Chris Martin.
There are some really lovely songs on this Coldplay CD, X&Y.

I really like some of the songs of Bob Dylan, it's great that they are now available on CD. ♡

dianne said...

Hello Pugsley my sweet

Thanks for coming over, I didn't expect that you would comment, you don't seem to be a fan of some of the music that I choose so I am guessing you don't have this song on your iPod. :)

I chose this song for a particular reason, it was how I was feeling and I love the last verse.

Yes Chris Martin is married to Gwyneth Paltrow, I didn't realise that she was 'nutty' but I did like her in the movies 'Sliding Doors','Shakespeare in Love' and 'A Perfect Murder'.

I haven't really taken much notice of her legs so I don't know if they are skinny or not. xo ♡

Leovi said...

Me encanta Coldplay, uno de mis grupos favoritos. Sus letras también son bonitas al ver la traducción, porque al escucharlos no entiendo el inglés. Un abrazo

dianne said...

Coldplay es una de mis bandas favoritas también, espero que se podía leer las letras con el traductor, Chris Martin tiene una voz hermosa.
Abrazos
xoxoxo ♡